Wednesday, January 5, 2011
Starting Anew!
This is a brand new week of a brand new year! What better time than now to start anew with making ourselves better in everyway possible! This is MY year! On suday in church we had a lesson on goals and how we need to realize that we don't have to get down on ourselves when we fail at them. We need to look at our failed attempts as "practice" rather than failure. Well, let me tell you what...I have practiced LOTS when it comes to weight loss. I can also tell you, that all that practice has helped me learn and grow and become even better the next time! I figure by now, I have enough practice and it is time for the real deal...it is race day, and I am at the start line! This time, there can only be one ending...it is to finish and complete what I started!
Yesterday in spinning class, the instructor in her efforts to make us push ourselves, asked a question I will not ever forget. She asked us to picture ourselves in a movie. Did we picture ourselves being a bystander watching the movie, or as an active player in the movie? In other words, do we stand by and watch life go by, or do we embrace it and live it to it's fullest. Living life requires something very important....it requires effort to really live it right!
I have held back in life so much because of my weight. I love, absolutely LOVE to inspire others and help others to get healthier. It comes naturally to me, yet....I won't follow through on making it happen for a career. Why, you ask? I am not fit enough, thin enough or young enough. I am selling myself short time and time again by using weight as an excuse to not live and reach for my dreams! This STOPS NOW!!! It is time I start to be an active participant. I have so much to offer the world, yet, I hold back...just enough, so I don't have to worry about failing. Well, I am so worried about failing, that often times, I am failing to live!
This year, I make a resolution to LIVE life to its fullest.....reach for my dreams, make them happen and don't stop til I have made that happen. No more excuses...only results!
Happy New Year everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



It is definitely easier to go through life playing it safe but not a great way to achieve personal growth. I am sure this year will be a great one for you!
ReplyDelete